- 2 slices of bacon (preferably nitrate-free)
- 2 eggs
- Chives or cheese for topping
- Herbs, or add a dash of tomato or BBQ sauce if that’s your thing. So simple.
- Grease a muffin tin using coconut oil or melted butter.
- Cut the bacon rashers into smaller pieces to ‘line’ the muffin holes.
- Place the bacon shells into a moderate oven (180 degrees) for 10 minutes to crisp up.
- Remove the muffin tray from the oven and crack an egg in each bacon ‘cup’ before placing back into the oven until the eggs are cooked to your liking.
- Keep in mind if you are going to have these on the run, you won’t want your egg yolks runny as that could be very messy for you, unless you plan to take a change of shirt with you on your commute.
- Once cooked, top with chives or cheese and either eat straight away, or allow to cool slightly before storing in the fridge in an airtight container ready for breakfast tomorrow. These egg cups will last in the fridge for up to 3 days, so why not make extra’s and be really prepared for the week ahead.