This is the best ‘go to’ real food meal option when you are time poor and have only a handful of ingredients in the fridge / pantry.
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup of mixed vegetables (spinach, kale, tomatoes, zucchini, capsicum, mushrooms etc)
- Handful of cheese (optional)
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- Beat eggs in a small mixing bowl until creamy and frothy.
- Heat oil in a large frypan over medium heat.
- Pour eggs into pan and swirl the pan so it coats the bottom of the pan.
- Add diced vegetables to one half of the pan on top of the egg.
- Allow enough room around the edges for the omelette to come together when flipped.
- Wait until the egg is almost cooked through and then flip one side of the omelette on top of the other to seal the edges.
- Cook for another minute or two before flipping the whole omelette onto a plate.
- Serve with a salad.