Makes 2-3 serves
- Pinch of sea salt
- 2 cups of organic quinoa flakes
- 4 cups of water
- 1 ripe banana (chopped)
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup chopped pecan nuts
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil (optional)
- First up grab a large saucepan.
- Two cups of quinoa flakes will need about 4 cups of water so throw these into your saucepan and bring to the boil. Now reduce the heat to simmer and cover for around 10-12 minutes.
- Now add the coconut oil and stir through. Feel free to add a little more water if the mixture looks too dry. Reduce the heat to a simmer and cook for 3 mins.
- When all the water has been absorbed, remove from the heat and stir in the chopped banana. Serve in a breakfast bowl, sprinkle with your chopped pecans and dust with cinnamon to finish, & voila!
A delicious high protein breakfast. Enjoy…