- 500g green king prawns
- 8 bamboo skewers
- Juice and zest of 1 lime
- 1/4 cup finely desiccated coconut
- 1/2 cup full fat coconut milk
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (melted)
- 1 red chilli (more if you like it super hot)
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 bunch of coriander leaves (finely chopped)
- Salt to taste
- Combine all marinade ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Peel the prawns, leaving the tails intact
- Place the peeled prawns in the marinade so all are submerged in the coconut mixture. Cover and refrigerate for 2-3 hours to allow the flavours to infuse into the prawn meet.
- Soak the bamboo skewers in water for 10 minutes so they don’t burn when you are cooking them.
- Just before you are ready to cook, thread the prawns onto the skewers and heat the BBQ to medium-high heat. Place your skewers on the grill and cook for 2-3 minutes each side.
- Serve the skewers with a sprinkle of fresh coriander, chilli and fresh lime juice on a big bed of salad. Sprinkle with some shredded coconut if your heart desires.