- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil / tallow or ghee
- 1 brown onion(diced finely)
- 2 cans of diced tomatoes (for chunky sauce) or 500grams passata (if you prefer a smooth sauce)
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 teaspoon oregano (freshly chopped)
- 1 tbsp parsley (freshly chopped)
- Sea salt to taste
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium heat.
- Add the onions and cook for 4-5 minutes until softened.
- Add the garlic and cook for a further 1 minute, or until fragrant and starting to brown.
- Add the diced tomatoes and tomato paste, oregano and seasoning and simmer on low heat for another 15 minutes.
- Toss through the parsley just before serving.