- 2 tbsp coconut oil or ghee
- 4 chicken thighs, thinly sliced
- 1 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1 cup basil leaves
- 2 garlic cloves
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 4 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- Salt to taste.
- For the pesto, place all ingredients into a small food processor and whiz it up until you have the right texture.
- Heat oil in a frypan and add the chicken slices, cooking for a few minutes on each side on medium heat. Add the pesto to the pan, stir with the chicken and cook for another 3 minutes.
- Toss pesto chicken through wholewheat pasta or zucchini noodles and serve topped with fresh basil leaves and a lug of olive oil.