- 600 grams cooled roasted sweet potato flesh*
- 8 eggs
- salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano (optional)
- 12 thin tomato slices
- 1 cup of grated cheese or
- Omit the salt and add 1/3 cup of sun dried tomatoes and 1/3 cup pitted olives, either chop or add to the blender with the sweet potato or
- Come up with your own version, based on what you have left in the fridge.
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees Celcius or 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease a 12 hole muffin tin.
- Place the potato into your blender or food processor and pulse until smooth, either transfer the mixture to a bowl and mix in the remaining (optional) ingredients until well combined or leave the potato in your food processor or blender and add in the remaining ingredients, mixing as you go.
- Spoon the mixture evenly into your prepared tin.
- Top each quiche with a tomato slice, lightly press it down, and bake for 35 minutes or until an inserted skewer comes out cleanly.
- I use 2-3 of the purple skinned/white flesh sweet potatoes, you can also use the orange flesh variety.
- To save time, roast the potatoes with dinner and then make the quiches the night before you need them.