Here you have it, our fail-proof wholefood mini muffin recipe which is gluten free, nut free, dairy free and refined sugar-free. These muffins are absolutely divine and can be personalised by adding whatever your fav ingredients are. It’s the only muffin recipe you’ll ever need as you can mix it up so many ways.
This batch makes 20 mini muffins.
- ¾ cup coconut flour (sifted)
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 6 eggs
- ½ cup melted coconut oil
- ¼ – ½ cup rice malt syrup or honey (depending on how sweet you want them)
- 1 tsp natural vanilla extract or ½ vanilla pod scraped
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees and line a mini muffin tray with 20 muffin cases or baking paper cut outs.
- Mix dry ingredients in one bowl.
- Beat eggs in another medium sized bowl. Add syrup / honey and vanilla. Beat well to combine.
- Add coconut oil (but make sure it is not too hot as it will scramble your eggs) and mix until combined.
- Add wet ingredients to dry mixture and mix well, then leave to sit for 5 minutes to allow the coconut flour to absorb all that liquid.
- Then add you ‘add-in’ flavour combination. For example – 1-2 small bananas mashed and 2 tbsp chia seeds, ½ cup frozen berries (plus extra for topping) and ½ cup fine dessicated coconut, 1 fined diced apple with ¼ cup dried mulberries or walnuts….you choose.
- Cook in the oven for 25 minutes, or until golden brown on top. Allow to cool for 5 minutes before turning out onto cooling rack.