- 3 cups fresh strawberries (chopped into small pieces)
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- 1 vanilla pod, split and scraped
- Blitz the strawberries in a blender to form a smooth consistency before placing them in a small saucepan and cooking over medium heat for a few minutes.
- Stir in the chia seeds and cook for a further 10 minutes or so, until the jam thickens.
- Add the vanilla seeds and then remove from the heat.
- Let it cool, then spoon it into a jam jar and store in the fridge for up to a week.
- Note: If you prefer your jam a little sweeter, you could add 1 tbsp of coconut sugar or rice malt syrup to the berries when they are cooking down, however I think it is sweet enough without this addition.