Using our Wellness Wheel of Life rate your current life balance today.
Look at the wheel and notice that it is divided into 10 different sections corresponding to some of the typical areas of a person’s life. The middle of the circle corresponds to ‘0’ and the outside ring of the circle corresponds to ‘5’. Now, taking one area at a time, grade yourself on a scale of 0-10 of where you are today vs where you really want to be – use two different markers for this so you can clearly see which is which.
For example, you may rate yourself as a ‘7’ in your family life, a ‘8’ in your finances, a ‘4’ in your emotional life etc.
- Simply draw a line across the section that represents the number and shade in that section.
- Now, once you’ve drawn the lines across each segment rating yourself on a scale of 0-10, take a helicopter view to get a true landscape picture of where you really are in each area. This will help you see what areas you need to work on to assist you regain balance.
- Now it’s time to plan the actions needed to work on regaining balance.
- Starting with the neglected areas, what things do you need to start doing to regain balance? What is stopping you from doing this?
- You may find that some of your other areas may need to have less focus on them for the time being to allow you to spend more time and energy increasing the neglected areas.