- 1 young/green coconut (flesh and juice)
- 1 avocado (ripe)
- 40g silverbeet or baby spinach leaves (roughly chopped)
- 1-2 large handfuls of mint leaves (depending on how much you like mint)
- 8 walnuts
- 8 macadamia nuts
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1 vanilla pod (seeds) or 1 tsp vanilla powder
- Additional coconut water or filtered water (to be added to obtain desired consistency)
- 1-2 free-range eggs
- Cut open the top of the coconut by chopping a square opening into the top and pour out the coconut water directly into a blender jug.
- Scrape out the soft coconut flesh from the inside of the shell with a spoon and chop the flesh into chunks and add to your blender jug.
- Add all the remaining ingredients.
- Blend until smooth.
- If the smoothie is too thick for your liking (I like to eat mine with a spoon), add filtered water, coconut water or coconut milk slowly until you reach your desired consistency.
- Serve in a tall milkshake glass or coconut shell with a straw. Enjoy!
- Note: This recipe has been provided by Chef and Paleo Activist Pete Evans, thank you for sharing.